This quick and easy recipe was actually thrown together spontaneously by Arwen the other night. After thirty-odd days in quarantine cooking three meals a day (well, there was that *one* time we ordered takeout), I was out. Out of ideas. Out of motivation. Out. Of. The. Kitchen.
Arwen to the rescue. He threw this dinner together in no time and made it look easy. Well, because it was easy. Which is the great thing about it! And the kids and I loved it, which was the other great thing.
- 16 oz spaghetti noodles
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- The juice from 3-4 lemons, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Delicate microgreens – broccoli or arugula recommended
- Optional: Parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of water to boil and prepare spaghetti noodles according to package instructions.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic slices and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Stir well to combine and taste. Should be butter, garlicy and zingy from the lemon. Add a few cracks of fresh black pepper and a pinch of salt if you like.
- When the noodles are ready, strain them and return them to the pan. Pour the garlic lemon sauce over them and mix to combine. Serve, distributing into bowls with a large pinch of microgreens and Parmesan, if using.
You can round this out with a nice dinner salad and a loaf of crusty bread. Enjoy!